It is one way to save money and get meals ingredients all time. After you’ve invested the money into stocking up your freezer, you’ll need to invest a little bit of time into making sure it lasts! Here are a few things I recommend having:
- Good quality freezer bags
- A jelly roll pan
- Good quality storage containers
- Plastic wrap
- Tin foil
Some tips to keep your freezer active are:
- The temperature should be below 0 deg Fahrenheit. This is mainly for safety purpose.
- Flash freeze to make it easier to store them all in large bags
- Label those items which you are going to keep in the freezer so that people who will be using next will know the date and details of the items. If you don’t label items, it is very difficult to find the date and expiration.
- Wrap foods tightly, and, if you are using freezer bags, make sure to press out any of the extra air. This will prevent freezer burn.
- Below foods don’t freeze well, So they are taken extra care and label them properly.
- Sour Cream
- Egg Whites, cooked
- Cream Sauces
- Citrus Fruit sections
- Fried foods
- You can stock during sales and can use whenever you want
- You don’t have to go to storage frequently because freezer will help you in storage purpose
- Nice stockpile of food that can easily be used in a variety of different meals
- If the power goes for a long period of time, many items which you have kept in the freezer will get destroyed.
- If you don’t have a dedicated freezer it takes up a lot of space
- If someone leaves the freezer opened or failed to close the door properly, then things might get worse.
Where and When I like to Buy My “Freezer Food Storage”:
Discounted meat: When you go to a local grocery, you will find some meats in discount and they might mention the date of expiration. You should notice all those details and store them properly in the freezer.
Meat counter: Sometimes the meat counter has some meat at a cheap rate then prepackaged meat. Prepackaged meat will be frozen and kept in proper freezing condition. So the meat which you get from meat counter should be properly frozen as like prepackaged meat